Cut-and-filling stoping method is widely applied and the scope of application includes:
- the ore body with low stability and high grade;
- rare and precious metal deposits;
- ore body with changeable and irregular shape and a lot of branches, usually containing pods;
- the ore body that requires the surface to be protected and where subsidence is not acceptable;
- the deposit that might cause the hazards such as heat emission, self-ignition, fire and radiation;
- the ore body with high ground pressure and deep thickness;
- the deeply extended ore body that needs to be mines at different levels;
- the deposit that is mined in an order from the bottom to the upper.
According to the stability of ore, the shape of the ore body and the characteristics of the occurrence and based on the structure of the stope, the layout form, the operation sequence and the mining process, etc., the cut-and-filling mining method can be mainly divided into stratified filling method, drift filling method, wall filling method, waste lifting method, sublevel filling method and subsequent filling method. The detailed information is listed in Table 1.